Sunday, May 23, 2010

Burrito Boogaloo


First Post! So this meal was more on a whim, not exactly original, but definitely my own version. It was probably more expensive than I would like, but still pretty awesome for under $10 (for both of us). I am possibly the worlds slowest cook, but even for me this did not take long at all- maybe half an hour at most.

(I realised today how erratic my shopping style is- going from isle to isle as I remember what I need... oh dear, how inefficient!)

SUNDAY NIGHT BURRITOS

Vegetarian, Feeds Two Hungry People.
WARNING: High Wind Risk

Ingredients:

Mince:
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Smallish Brown Onion
  • 1 tin of 4 Bean Mix (400ish grams)- $1.43
  • 1/2 cup red lentils (uncooked)- 'bout 30c
  • A 50g packet of Burrito Seasoning Powder- $1.82
Salad Stuff:
  • 2 Tomatoes, Grated cheese, Lettuce, 1/2 red onion - Estimate $1.00
  • Sour Cream- $1.49
  • Mountain Bread - $3.79
TOTAL COST: $9.83 divided by 2
= $4.92 Each

So.. To make...

1. Cook the lentils til soft, this doesn't take too long so chop up garlic and onion. Put the lentils in a mesh colander to drain.
2. Fry onion and garlic in a big frying pan, and while that's happening mash up the beans a bit with a fork. Pour the packet seasoning into a bowl, add a little water and mix.
3. Plop the lentils, beans and seasoning in with the garlic and onion and stir until its all together, add a bit of water a leave a few minutes til heated through.
4. Chop up your salad ingredients, put in bowls.. you should know how this goes, put a little of the mince, salad, cheese and sour cream in your mountain bread and roll! Num num.

And here's a doodle from today.. I think he needs a name:

No comments:

Post a Comment